Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Are You Going to do Between 5 and the Party?

Everyone seems to be worried as I have heard this question over and over. I really didn't know for sure but there were lots of possibilities:
1) Finish clearing out my desk. I will be 'working' out of Ann Arbor tomorrow so I need to load up all the odds and ends tonight.
2) Take a nap. I have been getting up around 5:30 AM every day this week and running on adrenaline. Now I am getting really tired.
3) Go shopping, which requires money, so that's out of the question!
4) Just chill and try not to get too emotional....now, THAT'S a plan I should probably give some serious consideration!
I had brought a clean shirt with me because each day this week I have gotten something on the front of my top while I was eating lunch. I figured today would be the perfect time to have it happen again......but it didn't. Nonetheless, I decide to change. So I go to the restroom and use the handicap stall because there is more room. I hang my purse on the hook, then start to take off my shirt. While I am maneuvering my arms around to get my top off, my hand bumps the slider, the door swings open and I am standing there all tangled up in my shirt. I feel for the door and get it closed.....what a sight that must have been! Luckily I am all alone.
Finished with changing, I am now brushing my hair and putting on my earrings. When I lay my brush down I bump my glasses which are laying on the counter and they slide into the sink. I reach in to retrieve them forgetting that the water turns on by a motion sensor....and get my hand, part of my sleeve, and my glasses wet during the process.
I knew retirement wouldn't be easy but getting to the party.....I thought that would be a piece of cake. HELP....I need a keeper!

No comments: