Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hey Ma, weeds kinda got away from you?





Yes, Aaron, they did ........BIG time.

Actually, I HAVE worked on the flower beds. It's just that with all the rain and a' huge crop' of weeds it's hard to keep up. Besides, hot weather and I do NOT get along.

Doug has picked up Jorden and Stephen so it is just Ethan and me. The boys do not like 'work' but if you present it to them in the right way, they will help out a little while without thinking out loud, or saying under their breath, what a 'meanie' I am. I give it a try with Ethan: "How would you like to help me at the end of the house ......you can use the 'cutting pliers'?" Now, I am not at all sure he even knows what 'cutting pliers' are, but he is game!

So out the door we go, and to the 'flower bed'. I have him carry my gardening stool, open the shed and get out the rake, and then show him what I need cut. Only other thing I had to tell him was 'ONLY the dead stuff'. He did a nice job.

(And, yes, I think he has his shirt on backwards. And, no, I did not make him wear those long pants....apparently they are his favorite.)

No comments: