Wednesday, June 15, 2011

'If You Don't Have Any Plans'..........A Day of Awakening for Grandma Marlys

Indeed it was. This is my first official Grandma Day since retiring and I am excited and a little apprehensive. After all, Jorden already told his Mom the last day of school that it was the worst day of his life......in anticipation of being home with Grandma Marlys....LOL I do have an effect on little children! But, the other grandma's have covered all the days since school got out, so now it's my turn.
I got up around 7:50 AM and right away wondered why I hadn't heard Karen and the boys. When I read the note I was relieved, believing they were asleep in the bedroom here at my house and convenienced they didn't make the usual noise because they didn't want me to put them to work......giggles. The pancake mix was on the counter so again, I believed Karen had fed them breakfast....very quietly and without evidence of anybody even eating here this morning. Very strange I thought........(Oh WHEN will my brain wake up......).
Just about then, Stephen and Jorden came through my back door and my brain awoke with a startle! How did they get from this bedroom and out the door. And, why were they wearing their baseball uniforms again....they don't have another game until Thursday? So I asked them. 'Oh, we were asleep at 221 and just woke up to come over here', Jorden said. I am so confused but glad they haven't gotten into any trouble 'on my watch'......yet!
I am only slightly amused by what happened later, after I told them they couldn't stay inside all day and play 'video' games. 'Ok, Grandma Marlys, we won't'. They went outside all right.....across the yard, through the fence row and into 221 to play 'video' games over there. You fooled me once, boys......but I have your number now!
So, anyway.....Doug just came and picked them up for the night. What a couple of tricksters they were today......gotta love 'em!

1 comment:

Bob and Molly said...

Ummm, I think you better work on your technique, I still love to go to "Grandma's House".