Monday, June 13, 2011

And NOW, the Rest of the Story.......

Ok, probably should 'nap out' (that's supposed to be 'map out') a route before I embark on my journey......hindsight is always 20/20!
Someone suggested last week that a 5 minute walk would be to Aaron's and back...through the fence row, that is. So I figured that was a good place to start.
The morning air was cool so I just kept on going to Ninth Street. Left, then I thought I would go to Huggins and around the block. But the road just kept calling me and I 'remembered' a street where I could cut across. Thinking that I would walk until I was 'half tired', that would get me back home feeling good.
Well, I do feel good.....BUT (there always seems to be a 'but').....that cut-across-street I 'remembered' was almost to Page Ave....Broad Street by name. So left on Broad BUT (there it is again) as I'm walking past the swamp and the 'three leaf ivy' and the empty 'spirits' bottles and cans, the road seems to be curving away from home.....and I am at my 'half tired' limit.
Then I see a really WIDE piece of payment, perhaps a road, on the left ahead. It is Eighth Street.
Let me see, I remember 8th Street....where DOES that come out, I wonder? I just can't remember. Either walking is giving me too much oxygen or too little 'cause Eighth Street comes out the other side of the Sewage Filter Station, which is the other side of my side yard! DAH....I can see it from my living room! So, at least give me credit for recognizing the name....please.

I make it home and I find I am not worn out, just relieved. Tomorrow is another chance to 'explore'. I think tonight I might make a list of the streets around me so they are easy to recognize.......whether I am getting too much or to little oxygen.

3 comments:

Jordan Richardson said...

This was a good bed time story. Lol good night!

Bob and Molly said...

I am so proud of you, keep it up!!! And you thought you couldn't even do the 5 minutes.

Marlys said...

Glad my efforts make you both so happy! Karen got a big kick out of it too. Only, she started laughing from the moment I told her I crossed Huggins. She's from MC and knew exactly what was going to happen.