Sunday, June 19, 2011

This Gives 'Keep it Between the Lines' a WHOLE New Meaning

What an intense drive to take Angelica home! It's race weekend and Angelica needs to be home so she will be ready for 'work' tomorrow. She watches Alexandria and Isaac during the week while her Mom and Brett work. So, off to Adrian we go.......
Drive was uneventful, until we got to Brooklyn. Police were redirecting traffic to the West at Brooklyn Road and M50. I turned around at Country Market and headed back to M124. Nice leisurely drive, that is until we got to US12. Two cones straight out from the left turn lane and State Police sitting on the right. I quickly decided to turn right and go down the road until I figured out which 'lane' was mine. Ok, got it......made my left turn into a drive and headed back East to Tipton Highway to take Angelica home.
Easier said than done. Driving straddling the line gave me a spaced out feeling and the words 'keep it between the lines' played over and over in my head. Good news is this is the only stretch of road I will travel today that has cones.....for we took Sharon Hallow Road to get home. Be sure and ask Ethan how he felt about that.....insisted that he was NEVER going to see Napoleon Road again! Silly boy, I have my GPS right beside me.......giggles (maybe somebody, like Aunt Mary, has told him that it's no guarantee I won't get lost....LOL)

2 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

This scares me and I wasn't even in the car.

Marlys said...

I am not sure which part scares you...taking the picture while driving, the thought that I can get lost even with a GPS, or Ethan thinking he will NEVER see Napoleon Road again.
I can tell you for sure and certain that what scared me was the people driving in the center lane, coming from both directions at the same time! I dislike driving dirt roads but that day, I welcomed them....whatever it took to get me away from the 'crazies'!