Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I need to BE in Ann Arbor by noon.......

Aaron got home last night a little after midnight. I waited up until 1:30 AM thinking he might park the truck in my drive, see the lights, and come in.......basically to let me know what time to make coffee and breakfast.
But, he didn't so this is the first I am hearing of his schedule.

I already knew he had some work lined up here in Michigan but Ethan is staying until Thursday so I wasn't sure what was going to transpire. I asked Aaron if he wanted breakfast and coffee.....sometimes when he is this late getting to my kitchen, Karen has already been to BK or MickyD's to get him something. "Yeah, Ma.". "Ok, how about pancakes, eggs, and coffee?" He said that sounded good and I headed for the kitchen. He took up a controller and began to play video games with Ethan. In the kitchen I started the coffee and turned on the burners to heat up the pans, then asked him what the plan was for the day. Nonchalantly he says: "I told them I would be in Ann Arbor by noon......" "HOLY COW, it's 11:03!" I exclaim. "Yeah, I can still make it if I leave in the next 12 minutes".

Typical......so, the coffee is already brewing, I fix a fried egg and cheese sandwich, he finishes his game, eats, and is on his merry way....about 15 minutes late. Which, in Aaron time, is almost 'on time'......giggles.

No comments: