Wednesday, June 29, 2011

At LAST.... I can get to the bean bag chairs ....

Is it HALF yet?!?!
I tell you....scooping the beads out a handful at a time I should be at least half by now!
Mission accomplished!
I volunteered to wash these bean bag chairs for Devin and Denver way back on June 5th when we 'scrubbed down' and 'washed up' the apartment so it would be ready for Devin when he got home. I actually only had the red one at first, later Amanda found the blue bag and I bought more 'beans' to re-stuff the chairs once I got them laundered.

Finally, ready to start the process.....I couldn't figure out how to get the bags unzipped. No 'pull' on the zipper. Ashley originally stuffed the bags so I called her. She was doing her "Sleeping Beauty" thing and was less than coherent! On Sunday I took one of the bags to Farmers' Market and Ashley helped me figure it out.

Ok, the bags are empty, washed, and I am ready to re-stuff them. My objective was to do that with as little mess as possible. I did manage that but it took me , seemingly, forever! First I was using my hand to scoop beads out of that large bag because it was not practical for one person to 'pour' them into the chair. Scoop, scoop, scoop......there has got to be a better way! I decided on a glass 4-cup measuring vessel. Scoop, scoop, scoop....now about twice as much at a time! At least I think I can see the bag of beads getting emptier.....LOL

So, it's done now and I am going to deliver them tomorrow when I watch those boys while Amanda and Scott work. Oh........better put them in the car so I don't forget.....!

No comments: