Sunday, June 1, 2008

Decision: To pick or not to pick

Luckily, this was not something I had to decide. This was my mother's decision. She wants pictures of all the flowering bushes in her yard, at their peak, without any of their abundance removed.
This year those flowering bushes (many of which were planted by earlier generations, long before I can remember) are bursting with flowers and fragrance! I used to walk this yard with my grandmother, picking bouquets for her, and can appreciate how Mom feels about their abundance. However, I can also appreciate how hard it is to refrain from picking them! Before I got the word to my grandchildren, Angelica had picked this branch from the 'beauty bush' in the front yard. Smart girl though: when I approached her to let her know Great Grandma didn't want them picked, she handed it to me and said, "for you Grandma". Now doesn't that just melt your heart!
PS: My youngest grandson, Ethan (aka Joe Cool), picked "flowers for his Mom" out of the same yard that houses those bushes. Great Grandma didn't mind that so much though....his bouquet was of dandelions. Seems Great Grandma doesn't want pictures of those! LOL

4 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Your blog is looking good Mom. I like the colors. Those are some pretty remarkable kids that your son has.

Jordan Richardson said...

Ok this mad me laugh so hard , almost as hard as the story about Ashly being folded up in the couch!.

Once Upon a Farm said...

Ashley and the couch.... See - you're family is funnier than mine....

Bob and Molly said...

Ash and the couch, oh, that is so funny. SOme one should post that. It is always such a good laugh!