Sunday, June 15, 2008

Decision: To Love her Always

Today is Denise's 40th birthday! Happy Birthday Denise, and holy cow do I feel old! Growing up was rough on Denise, she started out behind in every way. She was a preemie, and I didn't know her until she was three when I married her Dad. She and I had our ups and downs.....I was a new mother and didn't know 'diddly' about what a 'mom' really was, and she was now putting up with two of them (you can imagine how that can wear on a very young child)!
Two years went by and she had a little sister, who will be 35 in 5 days. Now I get an education on being a Mom from scratch....more about that in five days...LOL. Anyway, back to Denise. For a long time while she was growing up, she reminded me I wasn't her 'real Mom', which was true. But, I had already decided to love her always. Then, years after she and I became separated, but not forgotten, we came to a common ground......she became a Mom and began to experience what it can do to you. Suffice to say, she decided I wasn't all bad and without prejudice, she decided to love me always too! Earlier this year she became a Grandma, so the 'common ground' experiences between us just keep getting stronger and stronger!
Love you always Denise and Happy 40th!,
Mom

3 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

My big sister ROCKS!

Marlys said...

And so does HER little sister....Happy Birthday, Molly!

Denise said...

Thank you Mom. I not only decided to love you always but I also decided your my "Mom". Yes, my little sister ROCKS too!