Monday, June 16, 2008

Decision: Avaya or VoIP

Again with the acronyms! What it basically means is we got a new phone system which will eventually be throughout the entire MBCG corporation. For now it's just a few locations, our office being one of them. The whole time leading up to the switch, I harassed the purchasing guy about making sure I got the super deluxe top of the line model for my desk. The cutover was over the weekend and when I got to work today, this is what I found on my desk.....I squealed and jumped! They rolled on the floor laughing because nobody expected that kind of a reaction. Actually, I didn't either.....even though I knew he had something planned, it still took me by surprise. It's the switchboard phone from up front here at Corporate and a more delightful surprise then the kind they usually have waiting for me. Besides, note my "real" phone in the background.

6 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Please tell me that you are not having to deal with that phone everyday. No wonder you were a little grumpy this evening.

Marlys said...

No, this was the joke! LAL - HA, Ha, ha......The real phone is probably going to be more of a pain than that one ever was. New VoIP phones are 'wired' through our computers. Tonight I was so grumpy because my computer locked up and the phone became unusable for my STATS. Stats are what MBCG runs on! I'll probably get an email on that.....now it's OK to LOL!

Bob and Molly said...

Three years, three years.

Jordan Richardson said...

I think you need a photo of your favorite nephew next to that new phone. !

Marlys said...

I do have a picture of you on my tack board. It's the one you emailed me of you and Aaron. You guys are SOOOOO CUTE!

Bob and Molly said...

To Jordan: I think that she already has a picture of Josh and Dan on her wall.

Hey, I want to see that picture.