Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Decision: Avoid Ford Taurus at All Costs

This could well turn out to be Aaron's new motto, or should be. I get a call today from Aaron; cool, I haven't talked to him in almost a week. He was out of town on the weekend and I am always delighted when he initiates the call.....sometimes it's even good news (giggles). This is what I remember of how the conversation went:

Ma, I thought I'd better call you before somebody else tells you. (Oh Lord, I think) Do I need to sit down for this? Well, if you mean am I hurt, no, I'm alright. (What now, I think.) You know how there isn't much that doesn't go wrong with my stuff...cars, trucks, house.......Ya ?? Well a lady just ran into the back of my motorcycle....How bad, did she push you in to on coming traffic or cross traffic. No, I was making a right turn in one of those Michigan turnarounds at Wagner and Jackson. Guess what she was driving.... A SUV? No, you remember when I ran up on the back of Brooke's car with the Sunbird on Slee, and when that car hit my pickup from behind when I was turning left on to Hallenbeck...? Ya. Those were all Ford Taurus and she was driving one too, just like those other two times! She got a ticket, a guy stopped and helped me pull out the fender, and the cop followed me to a safe place because I didn't have any lights on the back. Guess what else...(Oh Lord, not more). I can hardly wait Aaron. The cop wondered how come I have a CDL but not a Motorcycle Endorsement for my license? I knew that was coming. I can give you a bunch of excuses but I really don't have a good reason. So I got a ticket that, when I get the endorsement, will be waived. Wonder how I am supposed to get the Motorcycle endorsement when I can't drive my bike? !!!
Not sure how that is all going to work out but as for now I have decided to just be grateful Aaron's not hurt!

2 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

I am glad my brother is "not hurt", although I guess we'll have to wait and see about that.

Marlys said...

Good point...a more accurate statement would have been 'there's no blood or broken bones'. When the adrenaline subsided and he began to relax, that's when the aches and pains took over!