Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Decision: Google 'door-yard'

While I was proving myself to Erica and Jordan, I ran across this blogsite. It was worth every minute I spent finding the definition of 'dooryard or door-yard'.
Thank you Erica, for wanting an explanation, and Jordan, for being pretty sure I made it up! (LOL)
Read on and enjoy. (This link takes you right Gloria Wendroff's blogsite. To get to Mr. Walt Whitman's poem, scroll down the right side of the page until you find the Search box; type Walt Whitman in the box and click the search button below it. This action will take you to When Lilacs Last In The Door-yard Bloom'd. When those words highlight, click them and it will open up the post. Gloria has included beautiful pictures of her door-yard...and even my favorite....the dandelion!)

http://www.godwriting.org/

4 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

When exactly did you have time to do this?

Marlys said...

Why, whatever do you mean? (giggles) I am getting so used to having to explain and defend my 'crazy Marlys talk' that I manage to work it in during lunch hour or between phone calls and/or creating accounts. It's called 'multitasking' but mostly it's when I need a diversion (although I think I found this while watching 'Wheel' and 'Jepardy' with Mom and Ethan)! Did you enjoy it?

Erica said...

I was going to look it up myself. Yes you may feel smug, it is a real thing and you have used it correctly. That's a really fun blog you found too. I really do miss flowering trees and plants here in the semi-arid desert of Colorado Springs. The growing season is very short and there isn't a lot of water to sustain things. The lilac blooms in our back yard lasted about two weeks, if that.

Once Upon a Farm said...

'Crazy Marlys talk'... please, it's 'Crazy Anyone who was born before 1950 talk'.....

*Smiles*