Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Decision: What's WRONG With This Picture?

I guess you could look at this picture like one of those 'I Spy' pictures. There is a 'rock' in the planter with the most leafless three sprigs of philodendron I have ever seen. (Actually, I think I might have planted two of them upside down....but that is for another time.) The 'jolly dancer' (Holiday Cactus) is thriving and certainly there is nothing wrong with my 'retirement calendar' in the background. That portion of the unframed oil painting is pretty good looking too! (Terry C.'s sister painted it.). Aha! Take a gander to the left....do you see that yellow thing? It's supposed to be green; and it was when I left the office last weekend. However, when I arrived on Monday, it was all yellow and I am not sure why. I've tried talking to it but it will have nothing to do with me. Do you supposed it was something I previously said? Now we might be getting somewhere.

I am taking a proactive approach to getting ready to change my lifestyle come end of May, 2011. Because I am so attached to the things around me, I have begun thinking about how to wean myself from the 'rescued' plants on my desk at work. My very first thought was getting good homes for them....I must have said it out loud because they have begun to react in adverse ways....'plants, pay attention; did you hear the part about where I said finding good homes for you'..... The 'Pirate' started getting 'black spot rot' (I don't know what it is really called; that's just what i call it) on it's leaves and stems causing the leaves to fall off. One of the Wandering Jew plants began to droop (and it's growing in a bowl of water), and this plant....maybe a dumb cane? turned yellow. Now, how am I going to find them good homes when they act like that! Only plants behaving right now are "Grampy" and the Asparagus Fern that Bob tried to kill just before they left for Alaska.

No comments: