Sunday, July 13, 2008

Decision: Can We Call Angelica?

I take it you have read how we spent some of Saturday, Mom, Ethan, and me. But let me tell you the rest of the story......
When I arrived, Ethan was standing four feet in front of Mom's big TV playing his PlayStation games. I don't get a 'Hi', or even acknowledged and when I ask him 'Where's Great Grandma'?...without changing his gaze at the TV, he shrugs his shoulders indicating 'I don't know'. I say, 'Oh Lord, what has he done with Great Grandma'?, then proceed to the kitchen. There I find her cleaning out the drawer to the roll top and mumbling how she should be doing something else!
Back to Ethan, when I ask him about helping me carry things in from the car, I get ignored....sound like anybody else closely related to him?.....LOL So I get everything in from the car, unpack the food and get busy fixing 'E' his lunch...which he has mentioned I need to do at least a couple times while he wasn't helping me carry stuff in....LOL.
So, after he eats lunch he's back to his games until Great Grandma is ready for her TV......then he is yakking at me and trying to convince me to convince Great Grandma she doesn't want to watch TV. I laugh him and tell him he's 'a work of art'.....he, of course, denies it! LOL Then, sometime after blogging on my laptop and setting favorites on Mom's computer, I was playing Spider Solitaire and Ethan wanted me to let him play a game on my computer.....the 'cake building game like Angelica plays on your computer, Grandma'. Huh? 'Do you know where that game is on your computer or how to play it'? he asks me. 'I have no clue' I reply to which he replies......'let's call Angelica'. I am sure he misses her, but this motivation to call her leaves a lot to be desired! What a kid......!

2 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

It's a start.

Marlys said...

Indeed it is! I was actually very impressed.