Monday, January 5, 2009

Decision: What's in a Fortune Cookie Anyway?

I used to love the taste of them but over the resent years they just taste more like a cardboard box than a cookie! But, I still read the fortunes....and get puzzled. Take for instance, this one:
Focus on your long-term goal. Good things will soon happen.

What does that mean? 'Focus' I get (don't do it often enough, but I get what they mean). But, 'long-term goal'.......define 'long-term'. When I was a teenager (15 or so), long-term meant 10, 20, 30, 40, even 50 years (retirement age back then)! Now-a-days, long-term to me can mean what I am going to do next week (don't laugh.....you will all get there!). Truthfully, I think that is where I need to work more on the 'focus' part of the fortune......getting back to my point.......so, if my 'long-term' means next week, then my "good things will soon happen" has more to do with being thankful to wake up each day, have a job to go to or family to be with, some time for friends, blogging, going over hundreds of pictures to put life's stories together, etc. then it has to do with any of the dreams/goals I had as a teenager.....do you think!

Oh, and there's the Lucky Numbers too....21 28 39 42 48 49...what's that all about! (Any of these numbers strike you as being particularly lucky?)

No comments: