Sunday, April 19, 2009

Decision: You Want Me to WHAT?

That was the look I got from Denver today when.....well, let me start from the beginning:
I was moving some stuff around today and had pulled out this chair......some of you know the one I am talking about, Uncle John made it. Anyway, Denver wanted to know what it was and when I told him it was a chair you could tell he thought that I didn't understand the question (giggles).
While I went about my business, he managed to pull the chair apart (you remember how one piece stores inside the other). When I returned to the living room he told me that he 'broke it'. I smiled and said 'Oh, no!.....well, let me see if I can fix it.' Then I sat there looking puzzled (I'd say it was for effect only, but I really was puzzled!). You see, I have trained myself to put that chair together 'swiftly', without thinking, because if I think about it I usually can't figure it out....but of course, I didn't want Denver to know that. As luck would have it, I guessed right the first time.
OK, the chair is together now and I say to Denver....'see, Aunt Marlys fixed it. Come sit down', and I pat the seat. He looked at me, then looked at the chair, then looked back at me with that "are you crazy, Lady" look on his face....'that chair was broke; and, no amount of hocus-pocus is going to make me sit in it'.....then he says "No, Bubbie do it!" Now that is some good stuff......he won't sit in the chair himself, but it's OK to volunteer his brother! What a kid!
He went and got Devin, who sat down in the chair.....then got knocked on his butt by Denver, who quickly slipped into the seat! I couldn't believe what had just gone down....that Denver is one smart cookie! What a kid indeed!

1 comment:

Bob and Molly said...

What a hoot! Those kids are gonna miss you when you're gone (to Alaska).