Saturday, March 14, 2009

Decision: She's Growing Up and Away

I spent the day with Angelica again today....but from somewhat of a distance.

Her choir was involved in a contest in Okemos and she asked me to be a chaperon. Last time, we sat together; this time we did not. This picture shows how far away she was on the bus (she's next to the window back there in almost the last seat; I am at the front three seats behind the driver). Despite the distance, I had a great day as many Heimerdinger relatives were present also, which is always totally fun!

The day started VERY early, 6:15 AM. (I got to bed at 2 AM so sleeping on the bus turned out to be my way of getting through the day!) Anyway, I picked Angelica up at 8 and we caught the bus at the Middle School.

The experience of watching a choir contest was new to me. I have participated in band contests but the whole thing seems very different when your 'instrument' is your voice and ultimately your whole body. The judges were fantastic....they were full of praise and positive instructions for the students. They even presented ' shortcomings' in a fun, positive way. I am in awe all over again as it think through the day's activities. I don't understand the way ratings are determined but from the cheering that went up when their director made the announcement, it was all good. Now there is talk of going to State.....cool!

We stopped in Jackson on the way back at Old Country Buffet and had their 'all-you-can-eat'. Angelica and I sat together, and that was the best way to end the day!

I got here at Mom's late and Ethan has been wearing her out so I had better get to him now. He's wanting to watch a movie.

No comments: