Sunday, March 29, 2009

Decision: Road to the FINAL FOUR........are we there yet?

It's March, it's Sunday, Michigan State is playing, and I'm at Mom's....what else would I be doing!....(giggles)
Actually, as you can see by the picture, I baked some cookies. (Just baked, not created a cookie cutter and mixed them up from scratch...though I did dip them in a cinnamon mixture (that was actually left over from a sweet potato casserole.....we don't waste anything around here!).....giggles). Let's see now, where was I (scratching head); oh ya, Basketball --- I managed to wait until the game started to get hungry, so Mom said she wouldn't be able to come to the kitchen to help. No matter, I am just going to fix burgers, fresh asparagus, and tossed salad greens. I got it ready and we ate while watching the game. Then I decided we needed something sweet and there are things in the freezer that need to be used up....perfect!
While I am in the kitchen, Mom comes out on the phone....she is talking to Sherry Lynn about a picture they both have a copy of. Between them they are trying to put names with faces and determine the relationship of each person in the picture to each other. Soon they have that done, say their 'good byes' and I have my first sheet of cookies out of the oven. Actually, there are two sheets, each containing 20 cookies. After the 'resting' period, I start to put them on the cooling rack. As I get down to the last four, I have to do some rearranging to squeeze them all on. This is where Mom 'shines' in her ability to size up the situation and offer the best possible solution: "Since you are having such a problem managing that space (for the cookies), don't you think I should eat some of them"......talk about rolling on the floor laughing.....this is really good stuff! It's one of those times you don't have to be hit in the head with a 2X4 to understand a 'subtle hint'. As I removed the last cookie from the sheet I placed it on her hand and file the memory away to recall again and again! What fun!
So, what does this have to do with the road to the final four? MICHIGAN STATE WON....they are going to be there to play......look out Detroit - Spartans coming your way!

2 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Cute mom - see, why would you want to be anywhere else?

Once Upon a Farm said...

That's a funny story about cookies.... :)