Monday, March 16, 2009

Decision: Say 'Cheese' Please






Here are a couple photos from negatives that I think were taken in 1964. I tried to figure it out by counting the candles on my cake....I come up with 16....anybody get a different number? Also, the one on the right would have been taken on August 2 and the one on the left on September 14 (that was back when we actually celebrated ones' birthday ON the date, with a cake, with a present (whether it was wrapped or not) no matter what else in the world was going on. Convenience was not a factor....at least that's how I remember it.)
I know, I know......in these economic times, who should be buying 'toys'? Not me, I am sure. But, Mom, and many of the rest of us, has boxes of old photos and negatives that I think we need to preserve in a form easier for sharing....maybe even get them organize, so I bought a scanner. It scans photos, negatives, positives (which are slides), and can print them too. For right now I am just concentrating on getting everything scanned.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You look as though you haven't aged a bit, Marlys.

Marlys said...

Ahh, Michael, that is so sweet. If only it were true! Wait! Do I want to be sixteen again....LOL
Thanks anyway Cuz

Bob and Molly said...

I just love A. Ruth with her hand on her hip!

Once Upon a Farm said...

Michael is isn't family right??? Family NEVER says nice things like that.....

Or maybe that's just MY family.....

Marlys said...

Molly, I believe Aunt RuthE was probably growing impatient waiting for the cake to be cut...giggles. (Although, I still see her doing that from time to time and that cake is long gone!)

Scott, Michael is my cousin, on my Dad's side, known for his straight talk, and very sincere. You are probably more use to scarcasim which could be positive or negative...it's always hard to tell. I've always thought you are a cutie, with a heart of gold! (smile and sign).
Hey, got any pictures of your 16th birthday!

Once Upon a Farm said...

Oh no......those pictures were shreaded by order of the governor...