Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tell Me, Is Gardening Considered Yoga?

You might think so if you too are a beginner.  As I sit or stand while gardening at Aaron's, I am reminded of the positions of Yoga.....(actually, I am reminded of how difficult it is to get THIS body into the positions of Yoga....giggles).  It is very soothing...except when these weeds with roots to China are so stubborn that I have to use a yell to get them out (and then part of the root stays in the ground to plague me again later this Summer....hi ya!)...anyway, where was I?  Soothing, quiet......there are no signs of family, friends, or neighbors........I think they are all afraid I will put them to work!
All I want is to get this one spot cleared out as it is probably the only area that won't be rearranged (as soil will soon be moved around in the name of landscaping) and where I have transplanted some of the flowering plants Aaron 'inherited' when he bought this place.
Aaah, yes.....I am sure gardening is some form of Yoga....if only in MY mind.

No comments: