Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo Day Heureux!

Translated from Happy Cinco de Mayo Day!  
And, Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation says it's:  A celebration among Mexican communities in Mexico and North America marking the Mexican defeat of French troops at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. May 5.   [Spanish for "5th of May"]  So, on with the celebration........
It started last night when I realized that I did not bring my clean clothes from Mom's.  I did a quick assessment and remembered that I had nothing at the apartment suitable for work, so I made a couple phone calls.....first to let Mom know I was coming after work; and second to let Amanda know to turn off the light I wasn't going to need it.  Ok, so now I just have to wait out the 40 plus minutes until my shift was over.  I scurry around making sure everything is working properly and begin to finish up the documents I was working on to be able to get out on time.  Then at 2 minutes to 10, the phone rings.  The person on the other end identifies herself and asks me if I was getting ready to leave.  'Yes' I say with a smile in my voice anticipating this was a locked account.  'Good', she says, 'I'm glad I caught you'!  Forty minutes later I was off the phone and shutting down to leave.  I blame that call on the fact that I told Mom it looked like I would be getting out on time.....silly me!  Anyway, I got to Mom's just before 11 PM and all was well!  
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Bob and Molly said...

I am not sure what any of that had to do with Cinco de Mayo, but I am glad that you are safe.