Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Decision: Vacation at LAST!

It's Tuesday and I am on vacation.....what a joy to see the clock approach Noon and I'm still on the couch not even moving toward the shower to get ready for work.
> I was up at 6 AM to study a couple hours before the 'kids' (Amanda, Devin, and Denver) got up. They don't know that I am on vacation....it's a surprise.....giggles!
> I called around 8 AM to check on getting the other 'kids' (Aaron, Angelica, and Ethan)....well, actually, I called Aaron to see if he had made arrangements to get them the rest of the week. We talked a little bit and he said he would call the Moms and get back to me. That worked for me because my plan is to 'hold down this couch' for the rest of the day!
So, Amanda has asked me if I know what time it is. 'Yes, I do'....'they are going to have to work without me today,' I tell her. (She doesn't seem to have a clue......giggles!)
We have been watching the Olympics this morning and it is a scream to see Devin and Denver doing gymnastics with the Olympians......such contortions! Devin is really in to that, with little brother 'monkey see, monkey do' right along beside him. Denver is a fan of the 'water' sports, especially watching Phelps with the water splashing in his face.....he giggles at it. It has been a fun way to start the day....and my vacation! Aaaaah, three and a half more days of this....heaven!

No comments: