Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Decision: The Couch.....a Transformer?

It's day two of my vacation. Up again at 6 AM to make my rounds before I go pick up Angelica from Cathy Nana's house. I am also waiting for Brooke to call with news of Ethan......the boy can be illusive when he wants to be. Once I get my grand 'ducks' in a row, I will be off to the Bed and Breakfast - Richardson style, to spend some days and wait for Aaron (he's working).
Ok, that was earlier today. Ethan, after Angelica bribed him with a dollar and the promise he could play her DS, showed up at Great Grandma's. He has been a scream, too, watching the Olympics tonight. He likes the synchronized diving and has been showing me how two of them, right 'along each side of the other' just do their 'twistest-eding' and 'then splash right down' (for those of you who don't know how synchronized diving is done.....LOL).
Sometime after all that he was sitting on one end of the couch and suddenly visualized the couch made up as a bed......he wanted to know if we were going to make it into a 'Transformer".....when I told him 'yes' he was not thrilled. Then he remembered that he wanted to sleep with Great Grandma anyway.....so much for getting his help with the transformation!
Now he's sitting on Great Grandma's lap trying to fall asleep. We told him that nobody can carry him up to her bed and he better go up there on his own. He wants to watch a movie but the TV upstairs doesn't support that media and the 'spare' TV that does is in the basement....he doesn't want to sleep on the floor down there. So, they are at a stale-mate. Now Great Grandma has promised him that if he falls asleep on her lap, she will roll him on the floor and leave him there....this is really good stuff!
It's now later and Great Grandma won (was there any doubt).....Ethan is on his way up to bed and I'm sure he won't last long enough to know that he is not going to be watching a movie! Looks like now I'll have to talk Angelica in to making a 'Transformer' out of the couch!

1 comment:

Jordan Richardson said...

To bad Ashley was not around she could have demoed how the bed transforms back into a couch. ;-)