Thursday, August 14, 2008

Decision: Well, That's A Bummer! Only Missed it by Five Hours and 22 Minutes?

Well, that's more like what I am used to...or is it? Woke up at 11:22 AM to the sounds of Grandkids playing the PlayStation2. Thought that getting up at 6 AM two days in a row finally caught up with me....then closed my eyes. Few minutes later, the noise from the 'parlor' got louder and I figured it was time for me to get up. Looked at the clock again.....11:22 AM.....that can't be right. (Windup clock wasn't wound up!) Turned to the other side of the bed....8:33 AM. That's better....after all, Mom kept me up until 1:01 AM watching TV so I had to expect to sleep in a 'little' longer.
As the day progressed: Breakfast is over and Ethan has had his midmorning class of milk. Angelica asked me to bring her scrapbooking along this time ('I feel like scrapbooking', she told me) and she scrapbooked last night and this morning. Ethan is doing a little scrapbooking too but taking a break now to watch "The Fox and the Hound" (One, he has Two but not One). 'You will like this Grandma Marlys; it has a baby fox in it'.....how can you turn down a recommendation like that! Now Angelica is watching too; how cute!

Lunch is over, A & E have settled in to games on the PlayStation2, Mom is reading the newspaper, and I am re-capping!
Just before lunch I decided to go get milk from the corner. Mom gave me her 'milk card' (buy so many half-gallons of milk and get one free) to get it 'punched'. Between the (less than 20 minutes), I managed to lose it......still can't find it. All I remember is that I put it in a safe place where I couldn't possible lose it. Ever have days like that? (I know, if I don't watch out, I will end up on Dr. Phil or Oprah being accused by my family and friends of 'needing more brains than I'm working with' and not doing anything about it to get help for myself.)


It's now evening and we have returned from spending a couple hours at Port to Port, just in time for a little rain. We really need it but are glad it held off until we had finished our outing....good timing! Here are a couple pictures from the 'course' and the arcade too. I decided since Aaron will not be joining us I would take some pictures for him to have....a couple might even end up in his wallet....well, at least the ones of his kids.

The day is coming to an abrupt end as my 'portable Internet' was blind sided about half an hour ago, parts flew off, and I don't know how long it will continue to work. I am so glad I had a really nice day to counteract this bump in the road!
Pictures from top to bottom: On the very first hole, with his very first swing of the club, Ethan got a hole-in-one! (He got another hole-in-one later in the game on the seventh hole...HOWEVER, the ball went into the cup on the sixth hole and not the seventh...it was a 'pinball sort of a shot' and totally good for a ROGL!). Next, Angelica has quite a time trying to put the ball in the cup and on one of the later holes got to within 4 inches, the closest she came to a hole-in-one. Third is a great picture of them with the great old Salty. From there we entered the arcade where Angelica shot baskets and Ethan drove a space ship ('How high will it go Grandma', he asked me before he got in!). Then, after they had spent all of my quarters, we got our picture taken by an obliging 'post' (because the picnic table we too low!) Ethan's 'strained' smile....we had to take two pictures and he didn't even want to take one....this one was taken second. We really had a good time!

Enjoy the pictures and I will keep you posted on my potential
physical separation from the www!

1 comment:

Bob and Molly said...

The pictures where cracking me up. Maybe someday I will have copies of my very own to put in frames and hang on my wall. Oh, what a dream . . .
Do you remember when E.Tate was so scared of the pirate? And the spaceship? He wouldn't even get into it. Oh my, how he has grown.