Saturday, August 30, 2008

Decision: One Ringie-Dingie or Yo yo Mama

This has been one of those days. I woke up to Amanda leaving for the ball park and three little boys lined up on the loveseat watching TV. A rather typical Labor Day weekend.
We started the day with pancakes, syrup, and orange drink. They ate it all up and went back to watching TV.....Disney's Saturday morning educational channel. (That was my choice - no discussion). I cleared up the table and kitchen and got dressed. The idea was to keep them enjoying each other's company and not destroying the house too much.....Amanda and Scott have worked so hard this past week to make sure it is presentable for this weekend. Scott is playing ball; Amanda is keeping score. I am trying to get some studying in and make sure the three boys (Devin, Ethan, and Denver) have a nice time too.....(mostly being watched by Aunt Marlys is the ultimate threat, while being watched by Grandma Marlys is almost a treat.....personally, I don't see the difference but some do....LOL!).
So, one ringie-dingie or yo yo Mama? This is how it happened: along about quarter after 10 AM my phone rang. Some of my calls are set to regular ring tones, but most are set to Aaron's voice repeating 'Yo yo Mama, yo yo Mama', over and over. This morning when my phone rang, three little boys jumped up and started running around trying to find my phone while repeating, in unison, 'Yo yo Mama, yo yo Mama'....it was the cutest most spontaneous act I have ever seen out of all three of them at once! It might be a dread to have me be the adult in-charge for them but stuff like this is a pure joy for me!
I have been thinking seriously of changing the majority of incoming calls to 'regular' ring tones but this morning has made me see that whatever strange looks I get from the adult world when my phone rings in public are well worth it to see these three enjoying themselves so much over such a singular act of folly!

2 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

I think that you should keep it. Who cares what the rest of the world has to say. We spend too much time worring about what others think. Besides when I come home I am going to make my own ring tone.

Marlys said...

Oh, I'm keeping it. Currently Aaron is so busy it's the closest I get to him and if it was only associated with his phone number I'd never hear it 'ring'! I love you Aaron....call 'yo Mama' when you can! (giggles)