Saturday, February 28, 2009

Decision: The Day Started with Food and So It Ends with Food Too

Ethan played all the electronic games until they are dead and he's switched to board games. Of course, that means Grandma Marlys will need to stop what she is doing to play.
First I read a book: Are You My Mother? a Dr. Seuss Beginner Book. We moved to the kitchen after that because Great-Grandma was asleep in her chair. Out there we played the Nemo Memory Card game while I began to fix supper. Ethan didn't want to eat supper he just wanted to play games. When I told him what we were having he said he didn't like any thing with 'pork' in the name (Pork Loin Chops). So I told him it was meat, to which he replied he didn't like any thing with the name 'meat'. Now on to the potato....you guessed it....he didn't want any potatoes or whatever those 'green sticks' were either (fresh steamed asparagus).
No sense arguing with him and we kept playing games.....this time it was Zingo! While Ethan was winning we played; but as soon as I started winning, he was done. No matter, it was time to eat anyway.
I had prepared three baked (actually microwaved) red potatoes and after I fixed Mom's plate, I asked Ethan which one he wanted (remember, he didn't want a potato when preparing it was keeping me from playing games with him). He looked over both potatoes and said 'I want the one that says 'humble genius' on it (where on earth does he get this stuff). Oh, that's not all, when I asked him if he knew how to spell that, he said: h u b l j c s ....whew..... when he started I thought he just might actually know how to spell it! He told me he was sounding it out.
To sum it all up, he also ate the 'pork' 'meat', with ketchup of course, and a glass and a half of milk but no 'green sticks'. What a kid!

4 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Would that be a glass and a half of Silk or real man's milk?

Marlys said...

That would be real Great-Grandma type milk...very Low Fat (1/2 percent).
All the good stuff I wrote about Ethan's personality and you zero in on milk! What's up with that?

Bob and Molly said...

Hello - you raised us on a DAIRY FARM!!! Ofcourse I am going to be thinking about the milk! Even if I didn't like that old farm, it's still the truth!

Once Upon a Farm said...

WAIT A MINUTE.....

Just because you are raised on a dairy farm doesn't mean you like milk.

For the record - I drink Soy or Hemp milk.....