Sunday, November 8, 2009

I wanna help.....please Grandma Marlys

"Ok Ethan, you can prepare the soil to plant bulbs so I can see them out the kitchen window in the Spring". (I figured that was the least danger he could do with a shovel and, since he was the only one helping me today, the most he could do that would help too!)

He was to 'spade the dirt' 'just turn it over and take out any weeds you see'. I showed him how and he understood. Then, I went to the end of the house to move the Iris back from the sidewalk. After a very few minutes I decided to get the camera and take a picture.....he was sooooo proud! And, the hole he dug was big....do you remember me saying I wanted a hole.....that is when I decided that putting a shovel in male hands, no matter what their age, can only mean you will probably have to redo the project. But, this Grandma knew that she was only giving him busy work and he did a fine job filling in the hole and proceeding down the fence with the rest of the digging. Only thing is, after another 7 or 8 minutes, he was tired! BIG suprise there.....

No comments: