Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hey, get away from my trunk.......

Here are the crocus waiting to be covered......
And here is today's finished project (those are oak leaves serving as mulch...and they make a cool way to decorate too. Later this week I will plant the rest of the bulbs and 'mulch' some more.)
I spent most of my day planting flower bulbs at Aaron's. I had company during my stint at Aaron's....well, not helping me but helping himself! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture....but let me tell you what went down: there was a squirrel, a very healthy looking squirrel, up on his hind legs reaching up into my trunk where the bulbs were sitting. I yelled 'hey'; he got down but just stood there looking at me. Not until I started toward him did he take off! But he only went as far as Aaron's mailbox where he sat looking at me again. Brasin' brat anyway!
So I went back to planting and as I covered the bulbs I got to thinking......what if he digs them up....brasin' brat. When I told Karen and Aaron, they assured me 'squirrels don't dig'. I was convinced they were right until I remembered a squirrel in Adrian who dug holes in my flower boxes and buried black walnuts in the dirt.....nice try you guys! Somebody better keep that squirrel at bay or I'm getting a sign, 'No squirrels allowed'.......I just hope he can read!

3 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Cute mom - are you planting some at your house too? Maybe he'll eat at Aaron's and leave yours alone. Was that your plan?

Once Upon a Farm said...

'Em there squirrels are Good Eats.......

COMPARTEBHIP said...

Hello visit my web www.comparte.teaminmotion.com