Thursday, December 4, 2008

Decision: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head?


Actually, no, I am not at Aaron's 'cause, yes, that has happen a lot at his house. I am asleep on the couch in the apartment. I feel 'raindrops' on my forehead and I remember thinking for a brief moment that Aaron's ceiling was leaking. Then I remembered that I am not at MC (Michigan Center) I am in Adrian. I turn my head to see 'the cat' on the fish tank. I slap the arm of the couch and yell "hey". The cat goes up the wall, pushes off, flips threw the air, and takes off like a shot. It was worth being woke up sprinkled with water to see that! (giggles)
Let's go back to a couple days ago when I returned to Adrian from my weekend in MC and rural Onsted. There was a note: We have a cat now, so don't be 'freaked out' if you see it. Then yesterday I did see him....sitting on the floor looking at me like 'Who are you?' My thoughts exactly...who are you, too? 'I am Aunt Marlys' I offer...then he went from looking curious to puzzled. So, I still didn't know the name but at least now I had a face.
So now, back to the 'raindrops': without knowing his name I have to call him 'hey'. It turns out I was on the right track. His nickname is "H" and his full name is Horatio Cane. Ok, so that could be why he likes water, and asks probing questions, and is skittish?.....well that part I am not sure about. But, taking his picture, I learned a bit about the real Horatio Cane and why he wears those sun glasses.....I took 5 pictures of this cat and could only get one (no matter how many settings I changed on my camera).....could only get one that didn't show his eyes as glowing and that was because he turned his head. So now we know that the famous "H" is really an alien (and not the kind that comes up from Cuba)!

3 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Seems like you needed another body in that apartment. Could you please figure the square footage for each living animal?

Jordan Richardson said...

You always have funny cat stories!

Erica said...

You are so funny. I love the way you tell your stories.