Thursday, November 27, 2008

Decision: The 'Other' White Meat

Happy Thanksgiving!
Here we are at the 'abbreviated' Thanksgiving Day Dinner table. Phil and Mary are home waiting for Joshua to arrive and Ruth and Terry are having dinner for their family at their new 'digs'. Aaron is sick and trying to get well enough to come see Grandma.
Our menu: Roast Pork Loin, homemade mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli. For dessert: Pretzel Salad, Key Lime Pie (the five minute kind), and Pumpkin Pie (Mary made it from scratch....the proof.....just look in her laundry at the pumpkin spattered on her white Tee shirt! Thanks for the sacrifice Mary). YUM, YUM!

4 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Yoou two look beautiful!

Erica said...

I agree. Happy belated Thanksgiving. Sounds like a nice day.

Marlys said...

Maybe so, ladies; but one of us should have combed her hair before taking the picture (and I don't mean your Grandma!)
We did have a nice day but I am 'taken aback' over how much work it is cooking a holiday meal for just two people. Actually, it's not the cooking and baking at all....it's the dishes....giggles! You might as well ALL have been there for the amount of dirty dishes I created! Grandma tends to stay away from the kitchen when I am cooking or baking; OR, she comes to the kitchen and pointedly comments on how she and Mary Renner used to cook and bake when we were kids! (I'll get it someday Mom! I promise....)

Jordan Richardson said...

Oh my god this is an amazing photo of you two!.