Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mom says: "I like this 'clunker law'!"

Mom has been talking about getting a different car for some time (the JIMMY has left her beside the road more than once....and twice I was with her. This particular time we were going to the cemetery. Do you see the irony). So, talking turned to looking, and that has turned to buying (looks like it was worth waiting for that 'clunker law'). Now she can feel confident (and me too) whenever she wants to 'Escape'......giggles. Check it out!

4 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

You gotta be kidding me . . .

Denise said...

Grandma is now driving in style!

Denise said...

Oh, by the way......what is the clunker law?

Marlys said...

Yes indeed, Grandma is driving in style and lovin' it! (I'm sure by the time you are in Michigan, Molly, the newness will have worn off and Grandma will let you drive it!).
Anyway, the Clunker Law is a federal program for 'moving cars off the lot'. Your car has to be a certain age and get a poorer gas mileage. I don't know the exact figures but I think if you google 'clunker law' you can get to the info. Only a billion dollars set aside for this so when the money is gone so is the law.
Sad part, Grandma didn't know until she had done the deal, they destroy the car you turn in.....I know, makes me feel sad too. Why not donate it to one of the charities.